Grey Lady Candle was born from a dream to craft uncompromisingly high-quality candles that capture the essence of the island and give back to Nantucket in an honest and meaningful way.
We believe that the details matter, and we are committed to creating the highest-quality candles possible, made responsibly, by women in our home state of Massachusetts, with the best materials available.
- All candles are hand-crafted by artisan women.
- We never use artificial dyes, additives, enhancers, or paraffin in our candles.
- All candles are made locally here in Massachusetts.
- Candles are made using an all-natural blend of 100% coconut and soy wax.
- Candles are scented using non-toxic fragrance oils.
- Our wicks are made of natural wood; we never use lead or toxic wicks.
- Our packaging is 100% reusable and recyclable; we never use cardboard or boxes for packing and selling candles.
We believe in making a difference. Our candles are all inspired by Nantucket and give back to the island we love.
- 2% of all profits from all candles go directly back to Nantucket-based non-profits organizations.
- 25% of all profits from our “Preserve Collection" candles go directly back to the Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge.
We love what we're doing, and we're so grateful to share it with you.
The Grey Lady Team